FOOD & EATERY, LIFESTYLE

Blue Harbour

16th August 2012

blue harbour 1

I’ve never been fond of body massages since my last treatment in Shenzhen (outside HK) scarred me for life, it was a kind of treatment where they’d rip your limbs off your body, dislocate your pelvis, pin-pointing your sensitive pressure points, was it a Thai massage?  Never again mate.

Shini and I were invited to have a spa treatment at Blue Harbour Spa which is located at the Wyndham Grand Hotel in Chelsea Harbour.  With an arrays of facilities the spa features a 17 metre swimming pool, fitness suite, steam and sauna room, 6 theraputic treatment rooms and the like.  So, the time was ticking we had a quick dip in the pool and made use of their steam room before we ascended upstairs to a relaxation lounge.

blue harbour 2

blue harbour 3

:The treatment:  I opted for the full VOYA Body Exfoliation using Peppermint and Seaweed Scrub (£60), and Shini went for the De-stress Muscle Massage (£75).  Tammy, my therapist, did an exceptionally great job in keeping me relaxed as I lay on a bed stark naked and covered, while she gently exfoliate away in circular motions.

:The result: After a thorough rinse in the shower to remove all those dead skin cells and excess, finished off with with a lovely dose of peppermint essential oil, my skin left feeling super smooth and hydrated.

:Info: VOYA is a hand-harvested, certified organic seaweed beauty and skincare products from the west coast of Ireland, using the local traditions of seaweed treatments to purify your body.

Lastly, a complimentary dinner at the Chelsea Riverside Brasserie with our table overlooking the harbour and expensive yachts, still feeling the therapeutic effect from the treatment and tried my best not to nod off during dinner, I wanted more.

blue harbour 9

Kit Lee of Style Slicker was a guest of Blue Harbour Spa and Wyndham Grand London (many thanks to Mango PR for the arrangement).

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply Gabby D 16th August 2012 at 00:26

Oh my gaaaaawd your looking so powerful in the pool, bet you felt really refreshed the day after your spa treatment, lucky thing.

• Reply The Provoker 16th August 2012 at 01:31

Love both yours and Shini’s perspective on the Spa, I had a recent Spa trip up to Staffordshire and quite enjoyed the experience too. I also had an exfoliation one but with cocoa oil afterwards which had me leaving smelling like Godiva chocolate haha. But wow, the food is surprisingly well presented and looks really scrumptious, most Spa food is usually quite casual or healthly looking but this is both healthy and delicious I assume judging by the photos. Lucky gal!

• Reply Ting 16th August 2012 at 02:12

Thai massage is really good you, great for loosen up your bone joints and muscles, however there’s a risk aside to it if you don’t ‘hing soong’.

• Reply Bethany 16th August 2012 at 03:11

Your Instagram picture led me to your blog, you have a stunning pair of lips, it’s great to see you have a well toned arms, do you work out? I love your make up too. I like your short and simple descriptive review on the overall of your spa treatment and dinner, sounds like you had fab time there. I’m reading through your archive posts now, your blog is my new addiction.

• Reply The Douuk 16th August 2012 at 03:28

First of all, what a beautiful introductory opening.
    Second, enough said.

• Reply Alesha Brown 16th August 2012 at 03:53

I love body exfoliation, epescially when the mixture is warm when applied in circular motions and dozing off at the same time.

• Reply anon 16th August 2012 at 04:05

all for the world to see, your arms look fat.

• Reply Kit Lee 16th August 2012 at 11:22

@anon – Hello and thanks for your concern. As you can see in the picture my arms are not fat, it’s toned all thanks to the dumbbell and working work in the past. How are your arms?

@bethany – Shut up gal, see you tonight.

• Reply Jasmine 16th August 2012 at 04:35

When did you go to Shenzhen? Well dodge.

• Reply Shini 16th August 2012 at 10:58

You arms do not look fat, what are they expecting, Karlie Kloss for bloggers? JEEZ get a frickin brain.

• Reply Felicity 16th August 2012 at 12:14

The photos on your blog are so beautiful!!
    This post has really made me want to have a spa day with my friends, your opinion on this one was very helpful… so thank you!

• Reply Théa Unknown 16th August 2012 at 13:02

Great photographies!

Théa Unknown

• Reply Harish 16th August 2012 at 14:16

You look wonderful in pink.
    @anon – what is your problem with toned arms?

• Reply Sam 16th August 2012 at 17:27

I don’t understand the whole blogger world at times (now mulling over the article you posted on facebook). On one hand people will say you can blog because you’re a certain standard size in the industry while the others say there aren’t enough ‘normal’ people representing the fashion blogging community out there. All I know is that if you’re rail thin or curvy, you can’t please everyone.

ANYWAY. I wish I was chilling there with you. Hong Kong is in yet again another typhoon. Whoopee.

• Reply Becky | life.style.flash. 16th August 2012 at 19:18

What a heavenly day!

Oh my god do I need a massage after this week…

• Reply The Provoker 16th August 2012 at 20:03

About your brogues, they’re a teeny bit snug in the toe area (pointy), but yep they fit! As long as it’s anything from 39 to 41 women’s I can squeeze my feet into them haha

• Reply Fatima 16th August 2012 at 21:34

Great photography.
    Love your funny story about your scarred experience with the Thai Massage, I hate needles so an Acupuncture is a big no no.

• Reply Ruth 16th August 2012 at 22:38

You’re not a fan of massages?? Oh such a shame! Thai massages are my absolute FAV!! When in Thailand I have AT LEAST one per day!

• Reply Kit Lee 16th August 2012 at 22:43

@Ruth – Omg Ruth, seriously?

• Reply Michelle Lee 17th August 2012 at 15:25