Hi all, I have added a new series of ‘All Things Beautiful & Tacky In Close Up’ on styleslicker.com, interviews with creative industry professionals/bloggers and photographs of their creative/personal environment, either their home or work space. Photo selections of beautiful things and tacky things that tell a story behind it.
I’m delighted to feature Jacqueline Ho again I interviewed her last summer whilst she was still working for Burberry. Jacqueline is now working for ASOS as a Buyers Assistant for High Street/Forward Order Brands.
I had fun rummaging her things and we created a huge mess in her flat but hey, mess is ART. Check out the article below 😀
Click images to enlarge.
Style Slicker: The last time I interviewed you, you were working for Burberry and now working for ASOS why is that?
Jacqueline: To pursue a career in Buying, it was meant to happen, I love my job. ASOS has been great for that, it is a young company with lots of potential and changes happening all the time.
Style Slicker: Has your style changed since working with ASOS?
Jacqueline: Yes, I’m now into playsuits and hareem trousers. I used to wear black a lot, I still do but I mix it with lots of colour now. I can’t help being inspired by that the things people wear in the office, everyone dresses individually. It’s like a fashion show all the time.
Style Slicker: Tell us about your wall collage?
Jacqueline: It has all things inspired from all my travels and fashion. My wall includes childhood photos playing with my brother, paint stains, postcards, drawings, fabric swatches and my exhibition pass to LFW. A wall can’t go without images inspired from magazine cuttings.
Style Slicker: Rummaging your stuff you seem to have zillions of nail varnish, do you have a favourite and why?
Jacqueline: My favourites are the Anna Sui ones as they were all given from really good friends. The purple colour is the very first thing I bought when I went to New York ten years ago!
Style Slicker: What’s your signature scent.
Jacqueline: Chloe. It smells like all things associated with glamour and I love its feminine design. I kept the Poison Dior for sentimental values as it belonged to my mum in her twenties.
Style Slicker: You collect a lot of jewellery, what’s your favourite?
Jacqueline: Despite the fact that I’ve had to take them to the shop to mend them twice (not me personally), I love my Chanel pearl earrings as they were a present from my boyfriend. I’ve had a lot of compliments wearing them.
Style Slicker: Why do you have so many trench coats?
Jacqueline: I love each and everyone one of my trench coats! In particular the ones I collected throughout my time at Burberry as they bring back nice memories. They have all different stitching and details. All the things that define the qualities in a luxury coat.
Style Slicker: Tell us about the printed kaftans.
Jacqueline: I got the kaftans when I went to Sri Lanka, they are hand-painted and embroidered using a chainmail technique.
Style Slicker: You don’t look like a type of person who would wear trainers, do you?
Jacqueline: I got them when I was in my teens, during my 2nd trip to New York. I was going through a funky hip hop stage. I couldn’t help being inspired by NY street style, it looked cool. I still like them.
Style Slicker: You have chosen these sets of stickers as ‘Tacky’ tell us about it.
Jacqueline: There is this obsessed sticker culture in Asia, I collected them whilst I was in HK, I got a lot of use out of them.
7 Random facts about Jacqueline Ho…
1. I hardly cook! But I do make some of the best salads. That’s not even cooking, it’s just preparation. My recipe for the moment is mango, avocado, seaweed, tuna with this yummy sesame salad sauce you get from Japanese supermarkets.
2. When I was young I once mistaken wasabi as pistachio ice-cream, boy was I wrong when I tried a huge chunk of it.
3. I do ‘Jukari’ at my gym, which is a fun work out using acrobatic moves to strengthen muscles. You swing and fly on a trapeze. I love it.
4. I like to feed ducks, I think they do get hungry and I don’t think they love the litter that people throw into the canal.
5. I collect pictures of pandas as I find them cute and funny. They like playing, eating and sleeping, behaving just like humans.
6. I was taught by a professional how to dance Michael Jackson style, we danced to ‘Thriller’, and it was hilarious with the whole zombie act!
7. I shook hands with Prince Charles.