There has been a lot of cat inspired fashion and beauty trend over the past two years, I didn’t take much note until last season, ohhhh CATS! I was very much into pugs, still am though and I want one. Since there’s no cat related post on this blog, I spent the last weekend fiddling with those cat nail decals, kindly supplied by La Vita E Bella (check out their online shop for more cute nail decals), and hand modelled by my lovely sister May, whose healthy finger nails are tough as steel. Please take note that these Haribo gummy bears as seen in the pictures are safe to consume, not the sugar-free ones that gives you intestinal fireworks if eaten excessively, according to the sorry-reviewers on Amazon.
1. Apply a single coat of sequin nail polish. Allow it to dry.
2. Pick the size of the nail decals that fits your nails most. Cut the nail art decals out, as close to the design as possible.
3. Fill tap water into a shallow dish. Immense your nail decal in water completely. The decal will detach from the white backing paper, approximately 10 – 15 seconds.
4. Pick up the nail decal using your eye brow tweezers or just fingers will do.
5. Place the nail decal lightly on top of your nail and move the decal in the right position. Gently press on the nail decal with your finger to remove water or air bubble completely. Continue to press for 5 – 10 seconds. Trim the excess nail decal as close to the nail tip as possible, or use a nail file.
6. Apply one or two coats of clear topcoat to the nail. Allow it to dry.
7. Repeats steps for the remaining nails. Meow!